Position: SQL DBA
Experience: 5 years+
5+ years working as a SQL database engineer or a related role.
The core skill this candidate needs to have is 3+ years of experience with TFS (recent experience).
We would also like to have them assess on 2012 (or later) SQL Server DB.
The SQL DBA will be responsible for management of SQL Server. DBA be responsible for Installation /Configuration /Upgrades and Maintenance of SQL servers. DBA will be on rotation for 24/7 production support. DBA will be responsible for code promotions/critical performance and Always on synch related issues.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Install and configure SQL server on standalone and multiple nodes of Cluster.
* Supports in setting up and troubleshooting issues related with Always on.
* Monitor and collect logs related to database performance.
* Responsible in gathering all the performance bottle necks and provide resolutions.
* Responsible for resolving all the database errors and warnings
* Responsible for optimisation of SQL queries
* Responsible for Optimisation/Performance/health of SQL server
* Provide operations and maintenance support.
* Creation of User roles and permissions.
* Manage and implement robust database backup and recovery strategies.
* Analyze and interpret specifications and system requirements
* Works closely with project teams to design and deploy solutions
* Develops and supports database solutions in accordance to corporate objectives and follows IT processes, policies and controls
* Supports testing of database deployments
* Follows company change management policies and procedures
* Maintains the confidentiality of data consistent to accepted policies, practices, guidelines and laws
* Advocates for the proper use of the organizations data assets
* Serve as a technical expert in T-SQL and database management technologies
* Liaise with functional and development teams
* Works on root cause analysis for database issues
* Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
* Need to be quick learner and adapt to this fast pace environment
* Provide 24*7 support on all Production issues.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
* 5+ years working as a SQL database engineer or a related role.
* Experience working in very large OLTP DB systems with high transaction rates.
* Strong SQL expertise with ability to write queries/change for performance reasons.
* Strong experience of Database High availability architecture and resolve performance or latency issues.
* Strong SQL Migration experience
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - DBA, Datawarehousing
Role Category: Admin/Maintenance/Security/Datawarehousing
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time